Schoolgirl, 14, died from toxic shock syndrome caused by using a tampon for the first time, say her devastated family

Natasha Scott-Falber, from Caerwent, Wales, died on Valentine's Day and it was first thought she had the norovirus. But in an emotional tribute on Facebook, her family said tests have now shown she was killed by the bacterial infection, which affects just 40 Brits a year. It occurs when bacteria living harmlessly on the skin invade the blood supply and release dangerous toxins. It is thought the absorbency of tampons can trigger the life-threatening condition

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s